Our Application Form lists a few medical conditions that must be brought to our attention at the time of joining. These are:
- Anxiety or tendency to panic
- Problems associated with the ears, nose or throat
- Mental illness
- Epilepsy or fits
- Lung or heart diseases
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- History of thrombosis or angina
- Any other medical condition requiring the repetitive use of medication or drugs
New members are required to complete a ‘self declaration’ medical form. This is renewable every year. We provide the forms for this and there is no cost involved. Should you be unable to complete this form satisfactorily, we can put you in touch with a local ‘diving doctor’ whose opinions can be sought.
Should you wish to opt for a ‘Doctor’s Medical’ rather than a ‘self declaration’, we will happily accept this.
It is important to note that some countries may not accept ‘Self declaration Medicals’.
Link to SDI Medical questionnaire: